Side Slip Cloche

Ever since I saw this hat on the cover of the book Boutique Knits
... I knew that I had to have it.
It's just so cute!


Originally this hat was supposed to be for me.
But this color I chose for it ended up being kind of a difficult color for me to wear.

I was trying to pick a pale pink color.. but you know how it goes with shopping online.
I went with the Champagne colorway in Blue Sky Alpacas silk and alpaca blend,
but it turned out that it was much more of a peach tone than pink.

Also the yarn was thinner than I was expecting so I had to double it to get the correct gauge.
The blend worked wonderfully for this pattern though.. the silk gave it the pretty
sheen and drape, and the alpaca added the soft halo which I really love.
2 skeins was just enough to finish the hat.

Even though the hat didn't work out for me.. I think it looks absolutely precious on my soon to be 4 year old daughter.
Kids can wear anything and still look cute!

I just love the feminine vintage style of this cloche and look forward to making myself one out of a different yarn.

I'm thinking a charcoal gray angora blend. I think that would look really classic and cute.

Does anyone have any good yarn suggestions for me?