Knit lab (End of an era)









An end chapter to a big part of my Stockholm’s knitting era…….

(It’s all happening too fast)

I leave in July! Stockholm that is, hopefully back to Uk but currently that’s a little shady ;-(

Newsflash!!!!!!

Knit lab has now closed, it’s so sad that’s such a high end store. It just could not make enough to survive in this market with the current times/markets.

In hind sight, the regular buyer that being the knitting lovers/addicts the ones that knit all the time. Their is just not enough of these knitters/crocheter too support all the yarn shops that Stockholm hosts.

Scandinavian craft, Nordic knits go hand in hand, like the chicken and the egg. You can’t have one with out the other the woolly sock the mitts the abundance of knitted jumpers for the fisher men!

But unfortunately it seems that these must be getting made in bulk knit machine or shop brought not so hand made;-(.

Maria's (her hand paints yarns are to dye for)

Nysta an Aladdin caves of fabulous touchy feely yarns

Knit lab high end, a Gucci, if you like, of yarn shops.

Then Adding Acrylics to the mix we have Vincent’s(Oden plan)

(And as you all know I love acrylic)

I can fund my art with these………

But when I made my nephews pram baby blanket, baby alpaca was best!.

But in reality, it’s only winter & spring/warm knits times the yarn sales boost meeting the needs and demands for hats and scarf’s, trusty socks.

And that just wasn’t enough to stay afloat and keep that high end feeling, without compromising the stock or modern premise’s.

Knit lab wasn’t just a shop but a place I love to visit/Sunday I have many memories of Sunday knit café.

My Stockholm knitted family/my little knit community, expats head to the university’s to learn Swedish, I headed to the knit cafe. I could almost claim to know all the Swedish knit terms………

Its not going to get me a hotel or food, but knitting supplies not a problem.;-)

And I will miss it……….