don't mind the plaster dust, please

We're in somewhat of a disaster state here of late. For the last week and a half we've said good-bye to our textured ceilings (due to some water damage)in the living room, dining room, and foyer...

We opted not to replace the texture and went with smooth & flat, all done by a professional thank goodness, as the clean-up and repainting of the LR/DR walls will probably take Mike & I another couple weeks. Despite the plastic hung, there is plaster dust EVERYWHERE.

{after scrubbing down the whole foyer today}

It definitely calls for a stiff cup of tea and a new scone recipe--one which for me is right up there with my favorite orange scones...

And, Hazel's Simple Scones have three variations::cranberry-orange, lemon-blueberry {above}, and cherry-almond. I've tried all three, and it's hard to pick a favorite as they are all so good.

You can find the recipe here.

Edited::A reader's comment reminded me that Hazel's recipe makes a very sweet scone--I cut the sugar at least in half, as I do with many recipes. I'm sorry I forgot to mention this originally. ~Deb