my Christmas vacation #4

Some sewing ~ the LaRue messenger bag. Originally offered by hotpatterns.com, but their download is no longer available. I googled it and found the pattern & instructions elsewhere, printed it, and forgot to bookmark the site...I've tried & tried but haven't come across it yet. I wanted to pass this pattern on, so if I find it I will let you know. [Edited~Found it! Sew Very Prairie has posted a link to the pattern in this post.]

Anyway, I've been using it and love it. It's a great size and comfortable to carry. I used some sturdy sage denim and lined it with a mini floral found at the flea market.

The handle area was a bit tricky; I had to do a little seamripping and ended up constructing it somewhat differently than the instructions called for.

Inside, there is a zippered pocket which was very easy and is great for keeping all little stuff together and out of site. Opposite is a divided pocket for cell phone and pen.

I also finished Butterick 5046. I changed the sleeves and used a wool flannel (thank you Charity for that suggestion!!)

...and one of the buttons from my flea market tin.