Lotrrh

Teeny tiny- Gelfling dress;-)
Felted big time!

"Lord of the Rings" meets "Robin hood"
My inspiration was the beautiful Liv Tyler.
This dress has history and was precious to me, It was the fantasy one that helped me to get noticed with my dresses.

I decided to give it a wash and hope that it would pull back into shape etc
I also didn't realise that the yarn that I once referred to as
Wotsits
(An English baby crisp) was in fact 100% wool!


Also un-aware the rented house I live in, the washing machine that came with it. That could almost be described as a museum piece.
This is the funny part....... it has no heat limit!
So my 30% wash was more likely a boil wash;-)


Not to be horrified with the results!

I guess a new title is needed, another fantasy film that I like is called
The Dark Crystal
so this will now be refereed to as the Gelfling dress.

A
Gelfling could be best described as part fairy part Liv Tyler (L,O,T,R character)

The bin makes a good reference for size, for the dress that once fitted a 5ft mannequin.