color therapy




This time of the year, I always feel a need for some change, and since it's been so gray out I was in the mood for some brighter color. I decided to do something different with the foyer and front hallway, and other than buying a gallon of creamy white paint and an inexpensive runner from Home Depot, I used what I already had around.

The worst part was stripping off the old wallpaper and prepping the walls. It took forever to get rid of the paste left behind, and I had to patch and prime the walls before painting. (One good thing I learned was that 3 parts vinegar to 1 part water works well to remove wallpaper backing and paste.)

Two chairs were moved out to make way for the bench that was in the dining room, which received a new coat of Martha's Everyday Color paint in Dill Flower. For now I have this oil painting hanging over it, until I am able to have one of Stephanie's charcoal drawings framed...

I gathered some red books I had and my red and white transferware tureen for the dresser. In the little tea cup is one of the soybean wax candles that I received as a very kind gift from Carla...

So far I think I'm liking the change :)