This week I have been mostly crochet-ing




Well it's been a busy week, and as every week I'm on something new with the knitting. This week I made the skirt part to the launch party out fit.
Basque top(made previously)
I made the mistake of not actually trying the basque top on before hand and it looked good but was extremely tricky to get done up!
(thank heaven for little girls!) I don't say that much but Monet proved priceless in my outfit organising. Need to rethink the ribbon and lace up the other way make help the issue.
Back to the skirt
The skirt was a real success, I cut the legs of old jeans and then hemmed with the sowing machine to turn into a skirt and with the left over rainbow top yarn I made a hippy/pride and prejudice look of an out fit, just by knitting random squares and then knitting them together as if a scarf then I attached it to the denim. Together it was a bit much, but I wanted people to know who I was!
But as separates the skirt is a great idea for teenagers to make with old charity shop jeans and an every day wearable knit.
Where as
The basque, very in at the moment and teamed with skinny jeans and a vintage blouse under neath,would be a good Christmas party out fit.