third week of Advent

There's been a flurry of activity lately, and not much time to write, as I helped my daughter get ready for her trip to Florida with her cousin~we shopped, baked for gifting, and did laundry, all while worrying about the approaching nor'easter.
Besides caramel corn with cashews and amaretto truffles, I made these cherry double chocolate cookies from Epicurious.com. They may look like dark blobs in my picture, but they are scrumptious. I used dark chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate, and along with the toasted pecans and dried sour cherries ~ Mmmm, amazing!!
edited:
**[note~I used a melon-ball sized scoop of dough and had to reduce the cooking time to 8 minutes after my first pan burned.]**

[The labels, which I printed on some cardstock, are from The French-Inspired Home.]

The storm reached us Saturday night and left us with about 14 inches of snow. Thankfully, the two travelers left just in time to make it past the ice and snow, hitting mostly rain as they drove through the South, and arrived safely at their grandparents.
I took advantage of our 'snowed-in' weekend to decorate and put up the tree while watching Tasha Tudor's Take Peace and Cary Grant in The Bishop's Wife (I love this movie!).

This week, it's Christmas cards and more baking...and a few gifts yet to make...I hope.

How are your Christmas plans coming along?