Knitting my way to fame!

15minutes of fame! (I quoted as an earlier blog entry)

Well it turned into a week. Starting!Where a lady, due to one of my dresses recently being in a shop (Knit Lab) window, contacted me about putting a picture of some of my knit stuff in a Swedish knitting book (unbelievable and I still wont believe it till it’s in print), and to put the icing on the cake, Knit Lab owner Lena went on to ask me to join her on a morning breakfast show on TV 4 Stockholm.

Then to the grand finally, a taxi on Sunday morning at 7am taking me to the TV studios. And then my make up done professionally, followed up by sitting on stage throughout channel 4 (National Swedish breakfast TV)!!!

The slot was based on the shop knit lab and Lena asked me if I like to go too. Flattered, I said yes of course and upon arrival to the studio, I was so nervous. The professional make over was a fantastic experience, and then it came to the briefing! Lena was to talk about the shop; yarn and travelling with your yarn and to knit a hat live on the show for the host. (Showing it is quick easy and that you don’t need lots of yarn and a huge project). Something I am indeed famous for that is amongst my friends!!! I’m always knitting on the trams and T-bana (train system) knitting to and from the daily school drop off.

Once I entered the set where the filming was commencing, there where two tables set up one with Knit lab’s yarns and creations the other all my mad creations and fabulous dresses. Lena was to do the talking; after all I don’t know much Swedish!

Then the host of the show, Ulreka asked me about my inspiration for my plastic bag made from recycled lids and children’s, Scooby-do’s. I did my best but speaking on camera is nerve racking to start and I sounded as if I had that terribly posh attempt at a phone voice your mother usually puts on!

My son managed to record it. To be fair I looked fabulous, a little uncomfortable to start. I had to watch my stitches but usually I can crochet blind folded, but that was the nerves, but by the end I was cool (ish!) The morning also included a great Jazz band with a famous Swedish Trumpeter (hope that’s the word)

Then off to knit lab for a coffee and lunch and home to my kids who where so proud! (Not often that happens). I called as many people as I could, because after all who would have believed it. I really am making a name for my self here with my knits.

That’s the news paper article (Gino knit cafĂ©) the book possibility and of course my dress in the window of knit lab to the TV studio. Wow not a bad for one and an half year in a country I had never been before.

You tube or video to come.
Ps my son co-wrote this, so if it make sence thats because he helped.