~some summer wardrobe sewing~

Quite a while ago I posted about this tunic I hoped to make. It is a Japanese pattern, which I was hoping to decipher...

After a lot of metric to inches converting I came up with a pattern and made a couple versions out of an old cotton sheet. This is what I finally ended up with...


It's still not perfect~ not sure if the darts are just right ~ but it's good enough. And thrifty as well~the Tracy Porter fabric was off the clearance rack. Now, to find some linen for a pair of capris to go with it.

I've also finished this skirt ~ casual for summer and super easy. It's Simplicity 7229...

I still have a linen dress to make, a top to finish, a summer sweater I'm knitting, and those pajamas...oh, and a pair of drawstring gauze pants for Steph. Yes...I've bitten off more than I can chew...we'll see how far I get.