~a cushion cover & a tote~


A couple years ago Mike built me this bench from an old maple bed frame. We found the bed for $5 at a yard sale and decided it would be a fun project; we had seen these benches around at various shops. Well, I used it for awhile, then it was relegated to the basement. The cushion wasn't thick enough and I really didn't like the fabric I had used. The other day I brought the bench back upstairs and added two inches of foam to the cushion. I made a new cover out of some of this 'Seaside Rose' fabric and for now it is sitting in the dining room...

And I finished up a new tote bag for the shop. I have been in the mood to work with linen, so I used some in natural and combined it with more of that red and white vintage fabric~remember the apron?...

The weekend was a bit chilly, but it was good weather to get out and do some gardening and I was in the mood, so I weeded, mulched, planted seeds, and divided some ladys mantle.

Hope your weekend was good!