besides painting...

Brrrrrrr...it was only 1 degree F this morning when I woke up, the wind chill a chilly 20 Below. A tad cold for March, even around here, so it's just as well I was stuck inside with a lot of painting yet to be done in the kitchen.
A few things I have fit in, recently, besides painting~
~some chocolate chip scones baked for midmorning tea, an important ritual.

~a Cath Kidston tea towel won on Ebay (seen tucked over the rocker cushion) which I am going to sew into a cushion cover.

~a clothespin/peg bag made from this retro-looking laundry print and added to the shop...

~a scrap of fabric sewn into a cover for one of those 3/$1 mini composition notebooks, which I love to keep in my purse for lists & note taking...

~another notebook cover sewn for a friend for a Valentine exchange last month~another opportunity to try out some of the decorative stitches on the new sewing machine...

And, I've actually progessed on my knitting project. After ripping out the design 2 or 3 times I have finally finished the front. The back and a sleeve are also finished, so only one sleeve to go~thank goodness!

Have a good day, friends!