the peepers are awake...

"Ere yet the earliest warbler wakes, of coming spring to tell,
From every marsh a chorus breaks, a choir invisible,
As if the blossoms underground, a breath of utterance had found. -Tabb"
From Handbook of Nature Study by Anna Botsford Comstock

The spring weather is here and while taking my walk up the lane I heard the chorus of the spring peepers. It has to be one of my most favorite sounds, as it means spring has really truly arrived.
I took some cutters with me in hopes of finding pussy willows, which I did. I cut a basketful, gathered eggs, and found some good reading in the mailbox...

Now at least I've done a little spring decorating...

I want you to know I appreciate all your kind comments. I have a sewing order to fill so I may be absent more than usual, but will catch up with you all soon!