my ironing table!

My new washer and dryer arrived within days and are already 'broken in'. I especially love the Maytag washer which holds a lot more clothes than my Asko did~hence much less time spent with laundry, which is a great thing!
The wallpaper has all been stripped, and the walls are painted 'cottage white'. This has really brightened up the space and is a nice change (the before). The wall cabinet and shelf have been hung, but I still have a couple more things to hang up.

What I'm most excited about is my 'new' ironing table. If you've seen Cath Kidston's In Print, she tells of her grandmother, who always had an ironing table out in her big old washroom. My room is small, but now that my washer and dryer are stacked I had some extra room. I took this old table, which I used to use for folding laundry, and padded it with some layers of an old wool blanket and then stapled on some rose strewn fabric. I also put some casters on the legs so I can roll the table out if needed.

I really love having this large surface to iron on ~ great for ironing tablecloths too! And of course it still works for folding laundry as well. I think that (for awhile anyway) I may not dread this chore quite as much!