Work in Progress Friday & more...

Finally, my Friday post! This is the bag I've been working on. Progress has really come to a standstill, and I am trying to decide whether to add some pom pom trim or rick rack. Vicki of Turkey Feathers has a picture of the cutest Japanese bag with rick rack trim, which I would love to try using some time.
I think since the bag fabric has a cream background, I will end up using the off-white pom pom trim...

And please note the mess I have going on my sewing table... I do not feel deserving of your lovely comments on my 'corners of my home' posts. Truly, I am not that organized and my home is far from perfect. I have thought of posting a 'Messy Corners of my Home' version! :)

On Friday I stopped at the quilt shop again as they were having another of their 30% off days. I only picked up two fabrics ~ the top is a Denise Schmidt Flea Market print and the bottom is Harvest Spice by Nancy Davis Murty.

I also stopped at a few yard sales. I'm not sure why I bought this large shortening tin except I loved the color and it was only a dollar. Now I have to come up with some creative purpose for it!

The two bowls below are Homer Laughlin's Virginia Rose pattern and were only a dollar also...


I thought these two little frames were cute and especially loved the color which is very similar to the tin above...

I am now off to take care of the blueberries and zucchini I picked last night. It was so hot yesterday that I couldn't bear to go out in the garden til after dinner and a swim to cool off. Today is supposed to be even hotter ~ 90's and high humidity ~ and I am sure there are many areas with even higher temps.

I hope to get lots of my work done this morning and spend the afternoon by the pool with a nice cold drink.

Stay cool everyone!