blogging blahs....

I've been putting off posting recently because I was feeling kind of blah, and I didn't really stop to think of 'why?' until today. On Monday, my daughter started college and on this coming Tuesday my son will be going back to school for his junior year. I'm no longer a home schooling mom, and even though I will enjoy more time for my own pursuits, this leaves a big, sad void for me :(
It was a great journey and I sure will miss it!
Anyway, I have been keeping very busy...it's that time of year for canning and freezing. I've been canning quarts of tomatoes and am doing another batch today. The other day we bought some peaches at a local farm stand and I made a pie...still lots more to be frozen.

I also have lots of basil which I would love to make into pesto and freeze...reading this post reminded me of that task still to be done.

The other day I cut hydrangeas for drying....

I have managed to start another purse to add to the shop, even though I haven't yet finished the quilted one...still not sure what I'm doing with the straps on that one...

And for those who didn't see this at A Happy Miscellany, here are the goodies sent to Mrs Staggs for my 100th post giveaway. I wanted to show you the keychain because it's a snap to make and I really love it; another great tutorial from Creative Little Daisy!

I hope you are having a great week!