My Vintage Picnic Set.






My Vintage Picnic Set

Oxfam £20
Floral wicker wicker with plastic mint lids on vintage glass.
 
I have always wanted one and I saw this, I just had to buy it!.

I cleaned and treated the wood, washed carefully the contents and shined the
cutlery.  Even leather treating the straps that hold the plates in place.

On my google search I came across this, the fact that they sell for double and
more on Ebay, obviously a plus side on an impulse buy.........not that I plan on selling.

It is missing one strap to do up the basket, the leather inside was very dry so the cleaner helped the dust that came from the back of the straps.
And the lids to the sandwich boxes. 
(All this i'm sure Ebay will have at some point)

That it could be 40's 50's or 60's I have not yet worked out how to date the set.

Also that the name Brexton is in fact taken from to names Brooke and Sexton, they had the market on all such early picnic paraphernalia at this time.

But all that said......I don't care, I'm just glad I finally have my vintage basket,
it could be a while before I have my vintage car but you just never know;-)

But in the mean time its perfect for Yarn display.  Another stash.