7 days left--some baking & some crafting

I love the small cahiers with the plain brown
covers that come in a 3-pack.
Feeling the need to be thrifty, 
I decided to go ahead and try making 
my own.
Jen & Jake have a nice tutorial for a
hand-stitched notebook, which I
can't wait to try.  But for now,
I took the easy route and stitched mine
up on the machine.
Add a label and you have a perfect little
stocking stuffer. 
~
I started my baking today with the
simplest cookie on the list,
and since ~nanashouse~ asked what I
would be making, I'll show you
--peanut butter with {dark & milk}
chocolate kisses.
If you've never tried them, the recipe
is below.  They're a favorite in our
house...


Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies

1 cup butter, room temp.
1 cup natural peanut butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 eggs, room temp
3 cups flour {I always substitute 1 cup of whole wheat}
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
*edited::1 bag of Hershey chocolate kisses
how could I forget!

Cream butter, peanut butter, & sugars.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.  Add dry ingredients and blend.
{I like to chill the dough a bit before making the cookies.}
Form dough into 1-1/2 inch balls and place on baking
sheet.  Bake in 375 degree F. oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
Remove from oven and place a chocolate kiss
on each cookie.  Let cool on rack.
Enjoy.