today



Since my 'flylady routines' have seemed
to fall by the wayside for some time,
I have started checking in here
on Sunday nights.
I print up the missions for the week
and they are keeping me on track.
Today the fridge is sparkling,
and
I found four forgotten packs of feta cheese.
~
I rewarded myself with a red velvet cupcake...


Red Velvet Cupcakes
{makes 18 - 24}

1/3 c. cocoa
3 tbsp red food coloring
1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c. butter, room temp
1 c. sugar
4 egg yolks
1 c. buttermilk
1 tsp salt
2-1/4 c. flour sifted
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp  white vinegar

Mix cocoa, food coloring & vanilla in small bowl.  In mixing bowl, beat butter & sugar on medium speed till fluffy.  Add egg yolks & beat another minute.  Add cocoa mixture and combine.  Stir buttermilk & salt together and add to batter, alternating in thirds with the flour.  Mix baking soda with vinegar and add to batter, blend.  Fill cupcake tins lined with baking papers about 1/2 to 2/3's full.  Bake at 350 degrees F about 15 minutes.  Remove cupcakes and cool before frosting.  I just used a vanilla buttercream on mine.

~Deb