The heat is on in cup cake land.


CUP CAKES and A VILLAGE A WEEK

my challenge since I have returned to the UK has been a village a week. The biggest change that I had noticed with the tea rooms
Is the cup cake competition......

(One of my other fav things to do is visit tea rooms)

And I'm sucked in, loving the taste the look that added extras such as glitter, the pastels colours and the funky/kitsch display stands.

The heat is on in cup cake land.

Above

Village one , Walling-ford.....cute shop and cupcakes only how perfect.

My basic break down

Appearance
Taste
Sponge

Divine the first will be a hard act to follow with lovely lemon/glitter a sponge that melted, divine and bite sized, pretty perfect.


Worcester cup cake


Worcester

A uni whistle stop tour, and what a little gem my son found a little non chain health food
restaurant, just on the corner of the local mini market.

Icing
The Rainbow icing pretty to look at a good texture, ripple effect but a little too much (sickly)

The sponge
Gorgeous ,melt in you mouth sponge.


Henley



Henley

The French coffee shop to on the corner,(I'm rubbish with names) very posh and great service wait to be seated.

Pistachio now it's funny as I'm really not keen on pistachio, but the green colour was just insatiable.

A little disappointed,the sponge was dry and the icing, more buttery than pistachio the worst yet.

But the shop and service great, I chose badly;-(to think I could have chosen pink.




Marlow (my favourite)



Marlow (Edible glitter) Award Winner

The coffee shop sat on the corner at the top of the high street.
(name...Loaf? something similar)


My favourite

The overall appearance, the sponge, the taste, the buttery topping and the little white Maltese an add winner. So far


Heathrow
Costa 2


Costa Air port

Weeellllllll I had to try the pink one........

Same same ok a little dry and straight from a packet but cute in appearance.



Costa Milton Keynes 1



I blogged the two Costa's around the wrong way this should have been 1st.

Milton Keynes (I know town not village, extended my brief).....I know a chain, but they didn't have much to choose from, no independent food stores all chains.

Lemon or pink, I took lemon and to be fair it was pretty ok.

A little dry but really better
than expected and it may be of mass production but basically it was just what the perfect cup cake should look like.


Picnic Reading


Cup caked out.......

I took the veggie sumosa, beautiful , fresh with a spicy kick, it even felt very healthy fired (not fatty) and with a just baked freshness very enjoyable.

I think I need a new challenge as the cup cakes are now over done.;-(

Apologies for forgetting names, basically this took months and as with a lot of thing that you think you'll remember you don't and I didn't so coffee shop names got forgotten.

Also I did want to mention Lou lou belle,
Pangbourne.........
Not good, not even a cup cake on display!!! I had to just have lunch and shockingly it has gone a little down hill.