making pizza...

Remember the dried tomatoes in olive oil that I made in October...well I had forgotten all about them tucked in the back of the fridge, until the other day when I went to make some pizza. We have a new favorite recipe here for pan pizza by Genie Dickerson, which I found in Mother Earth News Oct/Nov 08 issue. {Same magazine our now-favorite crusty bread recipe came from.} I make several of these pizzas at a time, as I have found out it's possible for a teenage boy to eat a whole pizza in one sitting. This one below...

...had sauce, cheese, peppers & mushrooms on one side; dried tomatoes, {no sauce, just cheese} garlic, and basil on the other. I did use my own sauce recipe, rather than Genie's. Anyway, the dried tomatoes came out great, and I will be sure to make more next summer. You can find the pan pizza recipe here.
For dessert...
...a delicious Marks & Spencer mince pie, a whole box of which I received from Claire in England. I'm not sure if this is proper, but I ate my warm pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream--it was wonderful!!
Thankfully Claire also sent me the recipe.