can it be Indian summer in November?!

Unbelievably warm and sunny weather here for this time of year! I took advantage of the weather this week to houseclean for the hens...out with the old and in with some new fresh fragrant wood shavings for the floor and nest boxes. Their heat lamp and heated waterer base are all ready for those soon-to-be frosty nights. And, they have a 'new' front door {a yard sale find} which is letting in lots of wonderful sunlight...
I'm hoping the added light will help to keep them laying better over the winter. They have finally just started leaving me some eggs...
...a little small yet, but most welcome!

I'm sorry to all who are waiting for replies from me; I am waaay behind on e-mails and will try to catch up as soon as possible. Thank you for all your kind comments and best wishes for my Dad, who is through 3 weeks of radiation therapy and soon to start chemo ~ thanks for all your prayers!!! Deb