glad for the weekend

"As the Sunflower turns on her god, when he sets,
The same look which she turned when he rose."
Thomas Moore

It was such a busy day here today, I am looking forward to the weekend. Since it rained in the morning I worked inside doing laundry, cleaning out a bathroom drawer, sweeping and washing the kitchen floor. When the sun came out I hung out the wet clothes, then headed out on my bike to pick wild blackberries for some jam. Back home again, I made a chocolate-zucchini cake for a picnic tomorrow and also some zucchini-pineapple-craisin muffins...the dishwasher has problems so I spent lots of time doing up dishes. The jam will have to wait til tomorrow morning...

This lone sunflower is blooming in a field of Queen Anne's Lace next to our yard. I like to imagine it is an offspring of one of our garden sunflowers from last Fall, its seed carried and dropped by a little bird...

I love looking out my kitchen window every morning and seeing it cheerfully smiling up at the rising sun.