Colour scape chunky by Kaffe Fassett

Up close, love the colours it's called Candy Pink (I think)
New shawl, below flogged poncho that is now a scarf I used another yarn with the Kaffe Fassett to get texture but that yarn too was very fragile for the chunky needles project.

Kaffe flop-it yarn, is a more likely title! My most expensive buy yet a whopping £10 for a ball of yarn and I was really disappointed with its quality.

For those who know me, I use an incredible amount of acrylic and I know how it feels and I get what I want.
With this 100% lambs wool, I began to knit the scarf that was a suggested pattern that came in a leaflet with the yarn, I came to a quick halt.

I had only brought one skein, hence the scarf. The yarn broke as soon as I started my 1st row and then continued to brake.


So I frogged the scarf and attempted a quick shawl, where the same happened again, the yarn is a multi coloured hand dyed and typically seemed the pink was the faulty colour, my favourite ;-(

This I know from fabric, that some dye colours can be harsher than others.
So the poncho is now a scarf and now I have used what's left to make a basic shawl and It seems now I am into the yarn a bit deeper that the quality is fine.

And so yes I will be writing a letter of complaint to John Lewis Milton Keynes about the quality;-(