some cookie baking...

It was time to bake something besides strawberry shortcake, so I was happy to find this new recipe book by Martha...

It had to be a recipe without eggs since my hens have really been slacking lately, and it just so happened that the Chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies shown on the cover fit the bill.


We had them with our midmorning tea today...they are deliciously moist and chewy. And they are full of flavor...I love the spicy gingerbread and I love the chocolate, but, personally, I don't think I'm a big fan of the two together. Soooo, they are yummy...just not my favorite combination....


There are many more recipes I want to try; and the table of contents makes it easy to choose as there is a picture of each cookie with the page number. I think the next will be either the Lemon Squares or the Iced Oatmeal Applesauce cookies...