New York Knitty! (not)

Looking out of Central Park
Gilbert and George!
Cy Tomley

New York New York! start spreading the news, the news being! "that I didn't find any knit shops".
I couldn't believe it due to the Debbie Stroller mania I figured that they be everywhere. In the craft streets that I found they where lined with beads stores and beading stores and no Yarn.
No nutty knitters, not one!...... did I spot whist having my numerous Starbucks/Pret and regular diner store coffee.


I loved the city the busy streets the huge building and Central park was really nice even in winter, It even snowed a little my first night to my surprise.

But as far as knitting and fashion these link in my world, nothing!!! Not one fantastic out fit did I see that inspired me.

So in the end, it was the surroundings that did inspire me. The huge sky scrapers, it seemed as if in places nothing matched they mixed fairly old buildings right next to bran new shiny one's. It was such a mixture of architecture, I just loved the Juxtaposition.
The concrete against With a winter bare naked trees of Central Park inspired me more than any of those cool New Yorker Types of people that I expected to see.

Extreme embroidery , titled "Pricked" is the exhibition to see. If you get to New York before the End of April.