it's all my husbands fault...

It's all my husband's fault that I have been away from my blog so long. He surprised me Christmas morning with a new sewing machine ~ I had absolutely no idea, and he had this bought back in September!

It is like going from a volkswagon to a cadillac. My very, very simple old sewing machine was having a few problems, but I was getting by fine. Now I am amazingly spoiled by this new machine thanks to my most thoughtful husband!

So, I have been really motivated to get some sewing done. I've been making some bags to add to my shop (long overdue!), and I have also been having fun making some fabric coasters. These below are made from a flea market piece of linen with different patterns woven into it in red.

I also made one with a stamped design to use for my tea mug...


I was also so lucky to receive a package from Lisa that really brightened my day. She sent me this beautiful collage you see here...

... and this gorgeous little box containing some great buttons. Thank you again Lisa~I love them both!

Thank you again, also, to those of you who sent cards and left kind wishes in comments ~ I appreciate it so much.

I also want to mention the photo in my previous post, which so many of you commented on. The picture was taken by Stephanie of our much loved pony Jessica during one of those amazing fluffy 'snowglobe-like' snowfalls last year.