crafting and a new bag...

Today I thought I would work on the wooden pedestals from Anna Corba's Vintage Paper Crafts, in between the laundry and changing of beds. I rounded up some scraps of plywood in Mike's wood shop and found a couple of scrapped finials that were perfect for the project. Mike was at work, so I had the band saw, table saw, and drill press all to myself :-). After a phone call to ask where the proper drill bit was, I even countersunk the holes! A little wood filler and some sanding and these were my results...more pictures of my progress next time...

Over the weekend I finished up this bag using the barkcloth I bought at the antique co-op. As much as I hate to give it up, I've listed it in my shop...

Thanks for all your well-wishes for my son. After a few days on penecillin he is feeling much better!