some christmas projects

Once I got going on these soft trees, they were finished quite quickly. I used up stuff I had on hand ~ the wool blend felt was left over from a tree skirt I made, and the buttons and trim were from my stash. The little green and cream strings were salvaged from clothing tags ~ I knew they would come in handy for something.
I decided to use a blanket stitch to close mine up. The buttons on the large tree are sewn on, but the buttons on the smaller tree had their old thread left in them, so I just glued them on ~ this great idea is thanks to Vicki at Turkey Feathers!

Remember the yo yo's I was making on vacation this summer, well I found a use for them. I'm making some yo yo ornament Christmas cards ~ a card and a tiny gift all in one....

I just sewed a button to the center and stitched the yo yo to a hook, which is tied with ribbon to the cardstock. Inside I used some stamps to write a short Christmas greeting. Speaking of yo yo's, Inspireco has a picture of a cute tree made with them, and Heather created a beautiful garland, the making of which I have made my goal for next Christmas!

I'll leave you with a picture of my favorite Christmas candles which are perched on top of a tin on the Hoosier...