christmas corners of my home



Last weekend I finally got around to decorating. It's going slow, but I am trying to do a little bit each day. I started with the tree in the foyer, which is decorated with bunches of dried flowers and hydrangeas, photo ornaments of the kids, and some vintage ornaments. Underneath, the beginnings of my Christmas village~

I made the glittery paper star and added some wire to hold it on the top of the tree. I also made a bunch more, which I have hung from silvery ribbon in front of the french doors in the dining room. I found the instructions and template here, in case you are interested.

The little plastic nativity underneath the tree (which I love!) belonged to my grandmother, and the bottlebrush trees I have picked up at various sales~

Today, in the living room, I hung up this wreath. I made it a few years ago using lots of old ornaments I had picked up at garage sales. Every year a few come loose and fall off, and so I keep patching it with glue~

Yesterday I just started addressing my Christmas cards, and last night I worked on some of the soft trees of which I have been seeing beautiful examples everywhere. Pictures to come soon :)