works in progress...

The knitted tea cosy has been put on hold as college daughter would like some fingerless gloves and hats. So far I have one glove finished; this is the pattern from Knitty and the yarn is KnitPicks Andean Silk in cranberry. This is a huge accomplishment for me as I have previously wanted nothing to do with double point needles. I am terribly clumsy and the first time I tried using them was a disaster. However, I was determined to make these gloves and after a shaky start, I didn't do too bad. Tonight I'll get the second one started and hopefully finish them up by Monday...

One hat for her is finished. This is the Basic Cable from S'n B Nation; the yarn is Knit Picks Shine Worsted which is a silky, soft cotton/Modal blend that my daughter loves. I didn't have the circular needles needed for this pattern, so I just used straight needles instead. Thus I had to have a seam but because of the cable and ribbing pattern it is not even noticeable. I think I'm going to make one of these for myself ...

Another work in progress today is a Halloween garland for the foyer. I was inspired by the beautiful Halloween decorations in the Victorian Trading catalog. I found the vintage images here thanks to Clarice who mentioned the site once on her blog...

Today was just full of crafting, sewing, and baking ~ a perfect way to spend a cold, rainy day. I worked on these fabric flowers [from a wonderful Wise Craft tutorial] which are going out with a bag commissioned by a special fellow blogger...

I found this book at the library this week ~ Something Warm from the Oven by Eileen Goudge. The recipes sound wonderful, so I looked up apples in the index and found a recipe for these apple spice cupcakes with caramel frosting. Just the thing for dessert tonight...

I'll let you know how they are...have a great evening!