corners of my home...

For 'corners of my home' today I tried to find some evidence of fall decorating. I must admit I am sadly lacking in that department, especially after seeing the beautiful fall decorating pictured on so many of your blogs. So this morning I ran outside and picked the dahlia you see on my mantlepiece...

...and added it to the tiny white pumpkins I picked up last week at the grocery store. Usually I grow some of these in my garden...this year we only had orange pumpkins though. I am embarrassed to see that my silver candle holders are in desperate need of polishing.

I also added a some dried hydrangea blossoms...

The mantle clock was a wedding gift from an antique dealer friend, and it still runs when I remember to wind it. I love to hear the sound of it slowly chiming each hour...

The ferns have been brought inside for the winter, just in the nick of time. Today the first snowflakes were spotted in our area, and so before dinner I am going to get a nice fire going in the woodstove.

I decided to leave this fern in its cement urn and placed it on this table in the corner. Hopefully the gorilla glue I used to repair a wobbly leg will hold up to the weight...

Now I'm off to work on some more decorating ideas...