corners of my home~garland, marie clare idees, barkcloth

This week has absolutely flown by. The storm that hit our area last weekend closed schools, work, and left many without power, some still without power as of today. Luckily we did not lose power or suffer any damage at our house, and I have enjoyed having my son and husband home Monday and my daughter home all week.

I got the Halloween banner, that I made Friday, hung up in the foyer. Dianntha had a question about the letters that I wanted to answer. I found the alphabet at Martha Stewart.com, the same one which I used to make an Easter Garland here. For my Halloween garland I printed the letters out on newspaper to get the black and white background. Just be careful if you try it...one of the pieces of newpaper did jam in the printer and I was lucky to have a husband who works with computers!

My husband and I spent a nice afternoon at the bookstore this week and I picked up this magazine for the first time. I loved what I saw and had to have it....it's full of great craft projects that I can't wait to try. I have added a subscription to my Christmas wish list!

We also spent some time at a local antique co-op and I came away with this beautiful barkcloth panel. It's in great shape and there's over 2 yards of fabric which I'll probably use for some bags, although a part of me hates the thought of cutting into it.

Have a fun weekend everyone!