corners, felt cat, & a recipe

I am very thankful to Blogger for allowing me to post pictures today...Thursday and Friday I was not so fortunate, oh well. I really feel like I'm running out of interesting corners lately, so this is it. In the sunroom again, where the light is the best on these dark dreary days we've been having lately, one of my cross-pollinated gourds on an urn...

As you see, I have not put a lot of effort into my fall decorating.

This tiny glass greenhouse holds an African Violet I picked up the other day for $1 ~ what a deal!

On the chimney cupboard, a felt cat I made from instructions that were in the October 2000 issue of Country Living. It can be made with an opening in the top to hold treats...

Mine, I just sewed shut to be used as a decoration...

And, I have to share with you the recipe for these dark chocolate chip pumpkin bars, which are so moist and delicious. I did not note where I found the recipe so sadly I can't give credit to whoever it was.

Dark Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Squares

  • 2 1/4 c. flour
  • 2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
  • 4 beaten eggs
  • 1/2 c. granulated sugar
  • 1/2 c. brown sugar
  • 1/2 c. butter
  • 2 c. pumpkin filling
  • 1 - 2 c. (dark) chocolate chips

Spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray, or butter. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Sift together dry ingredients. In another bowl cream butter and sugars. Add eggs, beating well; add pumpking filling and mix. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture and blend. Add 1 cup chocolate chips & mix together. Spread into prepared pan and bake for about 45 minutes.

Sometimes when it comes out of the oven I sprinkle another cup of chocolate chips over the top, let them melt and spread like frosting ~ very yummy and extra chocolatey!