work in progress Friday...

My yarn order has arrived from KnitPicks...this should keep me busy for some time. Plans include a sweater, hats for husband and daughter, and some fingerless gloves.

My husband has been waiting most patiently for a hat since last winter, so I have started on that first thing. I'm using Main Line, which is mostly cotton with some merino wool [he and wool don't get along well], in Ink with the lighter color around the brim. It was so comforting and relaxing to sit knitting last night with a cup of camomile tea.

When I was at the library this week I picked up this book ~ Hip Knit Hats. Looking through I saw a lot of cute hats, as did my daughter. She has several picked out that she would like...

And this is the Lion Wool, Lemongrass & Rose, that I bought for the tea cosy I saw in the Lion Yarn catalog. I am just itching to get started on it. The colors are not my usual choices...I'm usually kind of boring, sticking to more neutral or calmer colors. But, when I saw the picture in the catalog [the cosy on the far right] it looked so appealing ~ reminds me of the colors in my coleus!

The weekend weather forecast here is predicting rain ~ not good, as I'm working the refreshment booth tomorrow at Stephanie's riding event; but for the rest of the weekend I'm looking forward to keeping dry & cosy inside, fitting in as much knitting as possible.

Have a wonderful weekend!!!