corners of my home & more

Although I didn't actually plan to, it seems I've taken a blogging break ~ I can't believe I haven't posted in almost a week. After a little bit of rain last weekend, we've had some really nice fall days which I've taken advantage of to work outside. One morning I spent cleaning out my front flower bed and several days were spent painting more exterior doors and shutters. Today the rain is back with us...the best shot I could get for 'corners of my home' is this pitcher of flowers on the kitchen table ~ some white roses, pink dahlias, lavender, & catmint...

Over the weekend I did get the hat finished for my husband...

So far, I have loved any yarn that I have ordered from KnitPicks. For this hat I used 'Main Line' which is 75% pima cotton and 25% merino wool ~ it has a beautiful soft feel to it. It's perfect for my husband who does not care for wool.

Lastly, I thought I would share with you some of my ideas for breakfast, which had become a bit boring at our house lately. Homemade granola:

Mix together 5 c. oatmeal, 1/2 c. dry milk, 3/4 tsp. cinnamon, 1 c. coconut, 1 c. wheat germ & some nuts if desired ( I love pecans in this). Sometimes I also add some sunflower seeds or flax seed.

Mix together 1/3 c. veg oil and 1/3 c. honey and pour over the dry ingredients. Mix well.

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.

After baking you could also add dried cherries, dates, or raisins.

I have also been making homemade yogurt in my new Salton yogurt maker. So simple and much more economical than buying the little cartons, and less sugar!! I love to have a bowl of it with some fresh fruit and granola sprinkled on top.

And something I haven't made in ages...crepes. I cooked some the other morning and we ate them with some fresh peaches and a little whipped cream ~ heavenly!!

What is a favorite for breakfast at your house?