Corners of my ... garden

Although I love fall, I am not in a rush. Summers here are much too short so I want to enjoy it as long as possible. As I took my walk, though, I could see that fall will soon be upon us. The pears are ripening on my little pear tree...

Over the weekend I harvested the few pumpkins we had and some gourds...well they were supposed to be gourds, but I think they cross pollinated with the pumpkins. Next year I must remember not to plant them side by side...

The allysum and morning glories by the barn are in their final glory...

This little garden is just filling out....

And I know fall is near because I have begun to think about knitting. In fact, I found two patterns from Knitty that I can't wait to try ~ a hat for my husband [long overdue] and some 'Fetching' cabled fingerless gloves because I love fingerless gloves. I think tonight I will browse the yarn catalogs...