For the love of crochet





1st thing, this is unforgivably not my home made bread;-) but an example.
don't get me wrong I can bake bread, but I seem to only have to Make.......
Not make and bake like the perfect home maker.  (I try)
Above risen perfect example of bread.
Below not risen and flat (no love)


I'm comparing crochet to bread making. (why because I have crochet issues)


Lately I think it's all gone "Pete Tong" wrong with my tension.
I don't make Sample squares or swatches (free-form) as I don't want to blow my own trumpet but" I'm usually pretty good at what I do."

But

Big butt(mine;-)
 
Lately, the last few projects, my blanket tension is simply embarrassing. 
A frog has happened(unheard of ,I just change what it is I'm making).  but I couldn't save this piece.
 Another blanket.
And now a scarf has emerged instead of a blanket!(ref pic below)

Three reasons, to big, using to much yarn and the third it banana'D, aka completely curved....
 
Why ? because of my angry tension!

I think I have to compare the likeness (alchemy almost) to cooking.

Like bread making,  it takes basic ingredients the world over.  As does knitting and crochet, ball of yarn, hooks or needles, patience and love its works.

I once took a cookery class.(really) With a very elegant French lady.

And her words" if you don't love it it won't work."

Needing with love
Want it to work.

The bread rose beautify, she inspired me. 
(I think I have lost my way, had a blimp of a crochet month)
I need to find my love;-)









Below are some of my one off things that I have added to Etsy






Boho waist coat made with a vintage doily
and below, "Grease lightening "halter neck.






When do you know that you love your dog to much?

ill tell you when!.  When you commission some one to paint his portrait.

This doesn't sound to mad;-) ,but when you consider I have two children either of which I don't feel the need to put there lovely faces onto a canvas.

But Rasmus is a different story. 

This is the photo I think that Ill be using.
watch this space