pleasant busyness


Life has been very pleasantly busy lately. I have been knitting my fingers off working on fulfilling dishcloth orders (and wishing I could knit a lot faster!) while watching Dicken's Bleak House (which I am completely engrossed in!) in the evenings. I also made a batch of cold-pressed soap, which I am waiting to reach the stage where it can be cut.

There were lot of nice ripe tomatoes out in the garden still, so I made a batch of salsa yesterday...

In the morning, while I workout on the stationary bike, I 've been reading A Well Kept Home by Laura Frenty. The pictures are beautiful, and it's full of all kinds of interesting household tips and recipes for natural cleaners...


Looking around today, I'm certainly not seeing a 'well-kept' home...


... I seem to have several disaster spots going, and I won't even show you my sewing table!...


...I really need to touch up that missing wording on the table, which suddenly seems so much more noticeable in this photograph!


For all who asked about the labels I used on the lemon curd, I am posting a picture of it in hopes you will be able to copy and paste. My daughter modified this on photoshop for me. In Word, I just paste as many to a page as I can fit and print them out using Avery sticker paper. Then I cut each one out and use them on my recycled Bon Maman jars. I must warn you that I am technically inept and have no idea whether or not this will work ~ Good Luck!Hope you're having a good week!