a new gadget & 'thank you'!!

The napkin swap with Rhonda was a great excuse for me to buy a new gadget. I had found a great tutorial over at Purl Bee for napkins with a contrasting binding ~ binding which I could make myself if I had one of those little bias tape makers. I bought one at Joann's using my 40% coupon. I was really hoping for a Clover, but they only had a Dritz model in the size I needed. (If you are going to buy one, I would get the Clover brand~from what I've heard since, they are much easier to use.)
Anyway, I was able to make lots & lots of bias tape to edge Rhonda's napkins. I made a little patchwork hot pad for her as well...
And for those of you who liked the wonderful tea time embroidery which she sent me...
...Rhonda has made the pattern available here.
A huge thank you to all who left anniversary well-wishes!! They are very much appreciated ~ you ladies are the best!!