the vacation

Although we couldn't all be together the whole week~Mike had to travel back & forth to take care of animals, some of whom were sick, and Anthony stayed home due to his job~it was a relaxing time for me, for which I am very thankful. My most treasured time was morning, when I would sit near the bank and read Francis deSales or do some embroidery (another tea towel) or just soak in the view...
Mike & I got plenty of exercise as well, walking and biking the beautiful trails throughout the park (we had to work off the ice creams we indulged in at the local farmer's market)...
The weather was perfectly hot and sunny, with no rain at all. The lake was calm and the sunsets beautiful. After the sunset, of course there was a campfire & s'mores & fireflies...

We even fit in some yard sales, and one was 'yard sale paradise' for me, full of vintage fabrics & linens & antiques. If blogger cooperates (it wouldn't let me post yesterday), I'll post pictures of those treasures soon!

Hope you had a wonderful week!