the tea towel project

I hope you all had a great 4th of July holiday ~ even though the day was overcast, we enjoyed delicious food, good company, and some backyard fireworks.
Over the course of the weekend I finally finished my redwork teapot teatowel project...

The whole idea is thanks to one of Aina's inspirational posts, which was originally from here. Aina, who is wonderfully kind, has a gorgeous blog. As soon as I saw the picture I knew what I wanted to do with the perle cotton and red striped linen tea towels I had found at the flea market...
I found a very inexpensive Ikea wire curtain system with clips on Ebay, which works perfectly for hanging the towels...
While I was sewing the lace onto the teatowel curtains, I decided to use up some of the lace I crocheted a few years ago. A leftover piece was just the right size for this vintage embroidered tea towel... Hope you're having a great day. Thanks for taking the time to stop by!!