beating the heat

It's 93 degrees F in the shade today, so other than the most basic chores and some laundry this is where I will be ~ on the glider with some stitching & reading material, enjoying the shade, the pool, and some classical music in the background.
I'm embroidering these two tea towels, found at the flea market with the red perle cotton, for a special kitchen project. I found the cute teapot transfer patterns free online, and the lace that I have had for years has finally found a purpose.
And I'll be working on my summer reading list, which so far includes ~
Larkrise to Candleford by Flora Thompson
The Magic Apple Tree by Susan Hill
What is a Family by Edith Schaeffer
Introduction to the Devout Life by St Francis deSales
The Trapp Family Singers by Maria Augusta Trapp
The Scent of Water by Elizabeth Goudge
Hope you are having a great day!