perfect Fall days

Indian Summer arrived last week and chased
away the chilly damp rainy days that
we had been having. 
Perfect weather for getting out to
the garden and bringing in anything
still remaining...

...like zinnias, string beans, peppers
and leeks.
And the rest of the birdhouse gourds,
which did so well this year, I'm
not sure what I will do with them all.
This is just a small sampling
of the many I have hauled in from the garden...
I found some instructions at the Old Fashioned Living
website for drying the gourds and making bird houses.
And, there's a how-to for making painted bowls
from the gourds Here.

The pumpkin crop was not good this year,
but thankfully I did end up with two
Cinderella pumpkins, grown from the seeds
that Niki {Rural Writings} so kindly sent me.

The rose bushes are putting on a late season show,
and the fall colors are amazing...

...perfect for enjoying a walk/drive in the country.

~ Deb