A New Stripey Something

The sheep sweater is still being edited.

So while waiting for it, I whipped up this cute stripey thing.

It is knit from the new Spud and Chloe Sweater yarn, which is awesome by the way. It's this great machine washable yarn that is 55% superwash wool and 45% organic cotton. I don't think I've run into a blend like this before! It feels great and most importantly it is really strong and sturdy. This paired with the fact that it can be machine washed and dried makes it so ideal for children's wear. Also it comes in the most fabulous fun colors. There was no way that I could pick just one. Solution? Stripes!

So thus this little stripey bolero was born. It's a super quick, top down knit on size 8 needles. It seriously took me like 3 seconds to make. OK.. so I'm exaggerating... It took me 7 seconds.

It's not done yet, I still need to wash, block, sew in yarn ends and buttons. But there will be a pattern coming out shortly.

I plan on offering this design in a larger size range. (Up to girl's size 12)