a 'pretty' crocheted dishcloth





When I take a break for a cup of tea,
my hands need to be busy.
Something about Spring,
makes me turn to crochet projects:
~almost instant gratification
~and lighter cottony yarns.
I used some crochet cotton for this dishcloth,
{Size 3, 100% mercerized cotton}
and a 3.5mm hook.
To keep it simple, I just chained 36 sts,
then worked 30 rows even of double crochet,
{whatever works out to give a square shape}.
The edging is a two-row pattern~
row 1: *single crochet, chain 4* repeat.
{I just worked this at even intervals around
the perimeter of the cloth}
row 2: *single crochet in a loop of previous row,
chain 4-remove hook from that 4th stitch &
insert through the 2nd chain stitch,
then grab the 4th chain stitch and pull
through, chain 2 more
{this creates a picot-type edging},
then single crochet in next loop
from previous row* repeat around cloth.
~
Not the greatest directions, but gives you
an idea I hope.
I haven't tested its dishwashing abilities
yet, as I'm thinking I might
set it aside for gifting.
 And yes :)
I have been made aware that there
are some who would not appreciate such a gift...
I promise to keep that in mind ;)

~Deb