corners of my home & a purse finished...

In our living room we have a beautiful hutch that was built by my husband's father, a wonderful carpenter. The bottom cupboard section hides all our stereo equipment as well as CDs & cassettes. On top I have loaded it with family pictures, books, and some of my more vintage blue & white china...

A little hard to see in its dark corner is this old camera that belonged to my grandmother. The little blue & white tea cups and the old glasses were tag sale finds....

This lamp is my favorite...it sits on an old maple drop leaf table also in the living room. The base is alabaster, I believe. I made the shade by gluing to the old frame, heavy tag board which I covered with damask fabric, and then added trim and fringe...

Also on the table is this sketch of our dog, Zoe, which was done by my daughter, along with an old iron last once used for making & repairing shoes...

Finally, I have finished the patchwork purse [a great tutorial from creative little daisy], which has sat around waiting for a handle. I had decided I wanted just a simple narrow leather handle, but wasn't able to find narrow pieces of leather at any of our local craft or fabric stores. One day when I was in Tractor Supply with my husband, I came across just what I was looking for...in a package labeled saddle strings! It was just what I wanted and worked great...

I just love it when I find something I need in an unexpected place and at a very good price as well.