busy Tuesday...

I was just getting ready to do some sewing when I got the call...lots of sweet corn ready for freezing. My dad plants plenty for us kids; when I got over there it was all picked and waiting in a bushel basket. After an hour of husking, here it is waiting to be blanched, cut off the cobs, bagged, and frozen...

So, it wasn't til after dinner that I was able to return to my sewing projects. After a near 'nervous breakdown' trying to make the 1/4" spaghetti straps, I ended up with 1/2" straps instead ~ and that was not easy either!

Here it is, all ready to pair with some sleep pants for bedtime...

If anyone has any suggestions or knows of a miracle tool for turning thin tubes of fabric, pleeeease let me know. I found several tutorials on-line and tried everything....using a needle & thread tied on the end, sewing a piece of string on to the end, using a safety pin, and I even tried turning it with a wooden skewer....nothing worked! One tutorial mentioned 'patience' under its material list ~ I think I was a bit lacking in that.

After all that, finishing up this bag was a piece of cake...

Here's a peek inside, where I added a floral pocket and a magnetic closure...

And here is the list I promised Tracy at Seaside Enchantment:

  1. Five things in my freezer: Death by Chocolate ice cream, blueberries, sour cherries, homegrown chicken, Luigi's Lemon Ice
  2. Five things in my closet: photo boxes, hat boxes of cards & notes from my kids, a wicker basket of handbags and totes, hot rollers, cowboy boots
  3. Five things in my car: tissues, maps, ibuprofen, Armour All wipes, quarters
  4. Five things in my purse: Joann Fabrics sale flyer, paint swatches, fabric swatches, dress pattern envelope New Look 6557, tiny metal vintage tape measure
  5. Five things in my wallet: Feel Rite Fresh Markets frequent shoppers club card, Blockbuster membership card, checks, knitting needles tracker card, Red Cross blood donor card