upholstered stepstool

I found this fabric at Joann's recently and thought it would be great to cover the old green stepstool that I keep in the laundry room.

I had decided against repainting it as I like the orginal green; however the top was missing quite a bit a paint. A perfect chance to try another idea from CK's In Print~the 'oilcloth upholstered stepstool'. Only, since I didn't have any oilcloth, but I do have this nice rose print, I decided to try Clarice's technique of covering the fabric with clear plastic.

After two trys I ended up with this. I had to redo my first attempt~nothing but problems~but in the end hopefully it looks halfway decent...

It's very handy, and the steps fold up under the stool so it doesn't take up much space in my little laundry room...

Now I'm off to paint, which is what I was really supposed to be doing today!