cork stamps

In my kitchen I have a bowl of wine corks that I have been collecting for years. I just love the look of them, but have never come up with anything practical to do with them...
...until now. I was looking through 'The Decorated Page: Journals, Scrapbooks & Albums Made Simply Beautiful' by Gwen Diehn. This book has the most gorgeous examples of journals and scrapbooks and a lot of ideas of things to do. And one of the ideas that was new to me, was to carve stamps from corks so I gave it a try. I picked corks with the smoothest of ends, drew a simple design~star, spiral, dot, acorn, & flower~then carved out the background using my exacto knife...
I like the fact that the image doesn't come out looking perfect because of the imperfections in the surface of the cork.
Hope you are having a great day!